Franchise producer Amy Pascal previously said a new Spidey trilogy of films were in development.
Tom Holland is clarifying the situation around his future as Spider-Man after franchise producer Amy Pascal said there was a new trilogy of Marvel Spidey flicks in development.
“We’ve had conversations about the potential future of Spider-Man, but at the moment they are conversations,” Holland tells EW on the road to promote his latest movie, Uncharted. “We don’t know what the future looks like.”
The 25-year-old English star says he’s sure Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige and Sony head Tom Rothman are “thinking of something” with Pascal, who produced the current Spider-Man films, as well as the animated Into the Spider-Verse movies. “But at this moment I don’t know what that is,” Holland adds.
The actor admits he’s “not really thinking about the future.” After the release of Spider-Man: No Way Home, which assembled Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as alternate-dimension Spider-Men alongside Holland’s Peter Parker, he remarks, “I’m still riding the wave of the success of the film and enjoying that.”
Pascal had told Fandango back in November that No Way Home “is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel — [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie.”
“We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel. We’re thinking of this as three films, and now we’re going to go onto the next three,” she said. “This is not the last of our MCU movies.”
Rothman had mentioned to ComicBook.com in December that Sony and Marvel have a “reciprocal” relationship. “We lend one, then they lend one, and that’s how Benedict [Cumberbatch] is in this movie, so we have one more lend back that is committed.”
In the meantime, Holland will be seen in Uncharted, playing the video game character Nathan Drake in live-action, in theaters Feb. 18.
Me contro Te – Persi nel Tempo Streaming
Tom Holland Shares Thoughts On Andrew Garfield’s Possible Return After No Way Home
In the wake of Andrew Garfield’s return as Peter Parker in Jon Watts’ Spider-Man: No Way Home, the Amazing Spider-Man movies have received an outpouring of surprise admiration and calls for Sony Pictures to move forward with The Amazing Spider-Man 3 – a project that was originally cancelled after the studio made a deal that allowed the web-slinger to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The movement has caused plenty of noise on social media, and the actor himself has said he’d be game to reprise the role again. Now adding his support to the movement is current Spider-Man Tom Holland.
After Spider-Man: No Way Home, one hopes that Holland will continue to play Spider-Man forever, but he’s not being greedy and is evidently open to the idea of other actors playing the character simultaneously in parallel projects. Currently promoting his upcoming movie Uncharted, the young star was asked by ComicBook.com how he would feel about Amazing Spider-Man 3 going into development, and he responded enthusiastically:
I would love to see The Amazing Spider-Man 3. I think what was so wonderful was how Andrew was able to kind of make amends with the character and the studio, you know, to kind of win the general public back.